Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WHO YA GONNA CALL???


OUR GOAL!

THE RESULTS!

I found myself SUPER EXCITED when the BOYZ mentioned they wanted to be GHOSTBUSTERS for HALLOWEEN. I had also been obsessed with the movie when I was about Jake's age and was a Ghostbuster one year as well. I told Mandi that if we're going to do this,we're going to do it right! These will be full functioning replica Proton Packs. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. Two months at an average of 3 hours a night proved to be a bit much. We were often times up until 2:00am . . . I miss sleep! Mandi would sit in the garage to keep me company and to be my helper. I loved the time we spent together talking and laughing. Anyway, I soon found myself making trip after trip to the hardware stores while Mandi spent hours on the Internet trying to find kid sized flight suits and Ghostbuster patches. Just for posterity sake, I have to say that this was the most expensive project I have ever done, excluding house projects. I stopped keeping track of the tally knowing that it would just depress me. Mandi is very forgiving and understanding! In the end, it was all worth it! We had fun . . . the BOYZ love them . . . and they won several costume contests. As for next year, it's something of the rack or from Savers! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for helping out.


This was the funnest part . . . NOT! I wanted to make it so the batteries could be changed out and easy to turn on and off. I ended up putting a swing arm in
the back where the light was attached. I think it's the kids favorite
part being able to open and close it.

Happy Ghostbusters!


5 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Next year off the rack? Oh please! You would never lower your bar that low. You completely outdid yourselves this year... give yourself a couple of months rest and you'll begin again. What will it be this next year? Transformers? I sure miss you and am glad you are a blogger.

The Foulgers said...

Those are the coolest costumes I've ever seen! Are they avaliable for rental for one of my kids next year?:)

Amy said...

Dang that's awesome!! Nice work Josh.

Unknown said...

Wow that is so amazing! Congrats on the awards too!

~ Sara Ann said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awe Mandi it was so neat seeing you in motion picture there! Haven't seen you in A DECADE!